1/2 Photos of Dad's Famous Shrimp Cocktail
The Spice Guru's Note:
My father's mouthwatering recipe for "in the sauce" shrimp cocktail.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs chilled cooked shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (Hunt's brand)
- 1 cup tomato ketchup (Heinz brand)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (Meyer lemon)
- 2 -3 teaspoons prepared horseradish (Morehouse brand)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely minced flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest (Meyer lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrin's brand)
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1LINE a colander with paper towels; place in kitchen sink.
- 2PLACE chilled, pre-cooked, shelled and deveined SHRIMP into paper-lined colander and allow to drain.
- 3WHISK all SAUCE ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 4ADD drained SHRIMP to sauce, tossing well.
- 5CHILL shrimp cocktail, covered in refrigerator between 1-2 hours.
- 6FILL individual cocktail glasses or wide champagne glasses with shrimp cocktail.
- 7GARNISH each serving with a sprig of fresh parsley.
- 8ADD a fresh lemon wedge to the rim of glass.
- 9SERVE on a small plate (I include both a small fork and spoon!).
- 10START SHOVELING and enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Famous Shrimp Cocktail
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 239.1 mg
- Sodium 1856.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 27.3 g