1 hr 5 mins
Cooking to Perfection's Note:
I love this dish! I could eat this once every week for the rest of my life. The extra effort it takes to assemble this dish is well worth it. You can halve this recipe, or cook in two separate 9 inch square pans. Any way you prepare it, this dish will definitely be a hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lasagna noodle
- 1 lb sausage
- 1/2 lb hamburger
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, and enough to top
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Cook noodles.
- 3Sauté onions and garlic.
- 4Add sausage and hamburger to onions and garlic; cook thoroughly.
- 5Add tomatoes, paste, and basil to sausage mixture.
- 6Stir to blend; salt to taste.
- 7Simmer 5-10 minutes.
- 8In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- 9Blend cottage and parmesan into eggs.
- 10Add pepper and blend thoroughly.
- 11In a 9 x 14 Lasagna pan, lightly oil bottom with olive oil.
- 12Layer 1/2 noodles (one layer thick), 1/2 cheese sauce (spread evenly), 1/2 mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 tomato sauce.
- 13Repeat ending with tomato sauce.
- 14Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- 15Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- 16If previously refrigerated, bake 50-60 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Famous Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 919.7
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 222.5 mg
- Sodium 2608.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 60.3 g