Recipe by Cooking to Perfection
I love this dish! I could eat this once every week for the rest of my life. The extra effort it takes to assemble this dish is well worth it. You can halve this recipe, or cook in two separate 9 inch square pans. Any way you prepare it, this dish will definitely be a hit.
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle
- 1 lb sausage
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, and enough to top
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook noodles.
- Sauté onions and garlic.
- Add sausage and hamburger to onions and garlic; cook thoroughly.
- Add tomatoes, paste, and basil to sausage mixture.
- Stir to blend; salt to taste.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Blend cottage and parmesan into eggs.
- Add pepper and blend thoroughly.
- In a 9 x 14 Lasagna pan, lightly oil bottom with olive oil.
- Layer 1/2 noodles (one layer thick), 1/2 cheese sauce (spread evenly), 1/2 mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 tomato sauce.
- Repeat ending with tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- If previously refrigerated, bake 50-60 minutes.