Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
My dad made this for us as kids. He would put it in the oven as we sat down for dinner and the smell would entice us all to finish our plates, even on the dreaded stroganoff nights! It works great with any kind of pie filling, especially blueberry, as long as it is thick. Be sure to let the dessert rest before serving. The filling is akin to liquid magma when it first comes out of the oven!
- 258.54 g box yellow cake mix
- 595.33 g can cherry pie filling
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml milk (any percent)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty pie filling into an 8x8 or 9x9 pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the cake mix over the pie filling. Don't worry about clumps.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix.
- Drizzle the milk over the cake mix.
- Put the pan in the oven and let it bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbling on top.
- Let rest on the stovetop for about 10 minutes and then serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This was so easy and so good! Hard to believe only 4 ingredients could produce this great dessert! Made for Pick a Chef event, spring 2014.