1/2 Photos of Dad's Delicious Easy Vegan Chili
Delicious bean, tomatoe & corn chili, adapted from a recipe which used to contain meat, but our family then became vegetarians! Lots of spice and flavor, not for those into mild foods. This is a fast & easy recipe, and you can experiment with more & different types of spices to tune it to your liking. My father has been making it for about 20 years now, and it is still awesome every time I eat it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, diced (garlic powder works too)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 -16 ounce) bag frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (optional)
- 1 dash ginger
- cayenne powder
- 1In a large pot, sauté onion in vegetable oil until almost clear. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- 2Add all cans of beans, tomatoes & chilies, with their juices, to the pot.
- 3Add corn & spices to the pot. Stir well.
- 4Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.
- 5Add spices to taste.
- 6Enjoy w/corn tortillas or over a bed of brown rice.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Delicious Easy Vegan Chili
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 562.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.5 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 20.5 g