Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chocolate and walnut brownie-like cookies; "this is a man's cookie" per my father who used to make these. Delicious!
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Mix margarine and sugar, and stir in syrup and eggs.
- Stir in flour mixture, melted chocolate, vanilla and nuts.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake.
Been making these since I was a kid when the recipe was in a Karo ad. Great consistency and flavor--like a brownie but neater to serve. Don't overbake these.
I was going to post this recipe but yours is exactly like the one I have. I got my recipe years ago off of the bottle of Karo syrup. These are great cookies. Thanks BecR. Bullwinkle
These cookies are very easy to make and very tasty. Rich and chocolty.