Recipe by BecR
Chocolate and walnut brownie-like cookies; "this is a man's cookie" per my father who used to make these. Delicious!
- 3 1⁄3 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces melted unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Mix margarine and sugar, and stir in syrup and eggs.
- Stir in flour mixture, melted chocolate, vanilla and nuts.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake.