Hearty tomato, onion and garlic red sauce that is perfect with ground beef or meatballs and your favorite pasta!
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs meatballs (precooked) or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (cooked & drained)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on high for 3-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over spaghetti or pasta of choice.
A good basic spaghetti sauce, which is easy to prepare. I hadn't tried putting parmesan actually into the spaghetti sauce before (rather than on top), and it smelt gorgeous while it was cooking :-) This is a good basic recipe, which I am sure I will use often, and which will be easy to modify. I often add a splash of sherry and a dribble of balsamic vinegar to spaghetti sauce, and that worked well with this sauce, too, stirred in at the end. Reviewed for Pick A Chef, Fall 2007.
For 18 years I could not convince my husband that Ragu sauce was not THE ONLY spaghetti sauce in the world worth eating. I made this and froze all the leftovers. He is now asking for Momma Sauce (sorry Dad :-)! ) and I just made batch 2 and 3 - crockpot only holds one recipe at a time. Thanks for helping me to convert him!!!
An easy and tasty spaghetti sauce. I used a 14oz (440g)can of tomatoes and only 1 x 28oz of tomato sugo and only 1lb (500g)of cooked ground beef...these quantities were spot on for my family. Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007