Tiny, delicious cookies, filled with jelly. I remember making these ever since I was a little kid.. And always for Christmas. Started them around November, and kept making fresh batches until the end of December.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and salt.
- 2Slowly add flour and ground hazelnuts. Knead well by hand.
- 3Wrap dough in aluminum foil, and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- 5Roll dough into long, snake-like shape. About 1 inch in diameter.
- 6Cut into even pieces (about 1/4 inch thick). Form small balls.
- 7Indent top with pinky or similar sized tool, until you have enough room for the jam. Keep in mind that baking reduces the size of the hole.
- 8Place on baking sheet, and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- 9Remove when done, and let cool.
- 10Melt jelly in microwave until fluid.
- 11Shake powdered sugar over cookies, and fill holes with jelly.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Cookies (Hazelnut Thumbprints)
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1797.2
- Calories from Fat 872
- Total Fat 96.9 g
- Saturated Fat 53.5 g
- Cholesterol 402.5 mg
- Sodium 615.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 225.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 138.1 g
- Protein 14.8 g