Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tiny, delicious cookies, filled with jelly. I remember making these ever since I was a little kid.. And always for Christmas. Started them around November, and kept making fresh batches until the end of December.
- 14 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry jelly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and salt.
- Slowly add flour and ground hazelnuts. Knead well by hand.
- Wrap dough in aluminum foil, and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Roll dough into long, snake-like shape. About 1 inch in diameter.
- Cut into even pieces (about 1/4 inch thick). Form small balls.
- Indent top with pinky or similar sized tool, until you have enough room for the jam. Keep in mind that baking reduces the size of the hole.
- Place on baking sheet, and bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove when done, and let cool.
- Melt jelly in microwave until fluid.
- Shake powdered sugar over cookies, and fill holes with jelly.
I think the measurements are off. I had to add a lot more flour to be able to knead it in the way the recipe asks.