Recipe by Marlene.
In response to a request. Found online at Joyces Fine Cooking .
Top Review by Breezytoo
Wow, these are so good! Glad I only made a half batch because they're very addicting! They're a chewy cookie with just a bit of crisp on the edges and we both love them! I didn't have quick cooking oats, so used the 5 minute and put them in the food processor to blend just a bit so it wasn't so chunky before adding to the dough. Thanks for posting the recipe Marlene! :)
- 236.59 ml butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 709.77 ml brown sugar, packed
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml angel flake coconut
- 473.18 ml quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease cookie tins.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Beat butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla together until they are light and fluffy.
- Sift flour with baking powder, soda and salt and stir them into the first mixture. Blend well.
- Stir in coconut and rolled oats.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks and store in tightly covered cookie tins.