Recipe by Marlene.
In response to a request. Found online at Joyces Fine Cooking .
Top Review by Breezytoo
Wow, these are so good! Glad I only made a half batch because they're very addicting! They're a chewy cookie with just a bit of crisp on the edges and we both love them! I didn't have quick cooking oats, so used the 5 minute and put them in the food processor to blend just a bit so it wasn't so chunky before adding to the dough. Thanks for posting the recipe Marlene! :)
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup angel flake coconut
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease cookie tins.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Beat butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla together until they are light and fluffy.
- Sift flour with baking powder, soda and salt and stir them into the first mixture. Blend well.
- Stir in coconut and rolled oats.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks and store in tightly covered cookie tins.