Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for a cookout. Best if made the day before and refrigerated so the flavors combine. You can lighten up the recipe by substituting the sugar for 1 1/2 times it's amount of Splenda.
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, with bell peppers, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) cancut yellow beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 (8 ounce) cans green beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can baby lima beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- Whisk together or shake in shaker: salad oil, water, paprika, salt, sugar and vinegar.
- Add dressing to remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
A absolutely cannot remember the last time I use canned green beans, but for this recipe I did, & followed the recipe right on down, to & including the lima beans, about which I'm also not terribly enthused! And, surprise of surprises, if this bean salad didn't turn out to be wonderful! Loved everything about it, not the least of which is the ease of preparation! Great combo of veggies here, & a recipe that's worth keeping around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]