Recipe by BecR
A great presentation that lends itself to endless variations. My father served these simple make-ahead appies at cocktail parties, along with a can of Spanish peanuts and a bowl of mini-pretzels on the side. Tip: Depending on your theme, for Hawaiian try a studded pineapple (instead of grapefruit) and a jar of macadamias in place of the peanuts-- be as creative as you want! Great for the cocktail hour, luaus, or anytime! Thanks Dad!!
- 1 whole yellow grapefruit, halved
- 1 cup cubed swiss cheese
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1 (8 ounce) jar white pearl onions (or olives, cherry tomatoes, radishes, pineapple, bell peppers, etc.)
- wooden cocktail skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Skewer a cheese cube, ham cube, and pearl onion on wooden cocktail picks, alternating as you go.
- Insert picks into grapefruit half (on a serving dish, pulp side down), about 1 inch apart, covering the top and sides of the grapefruit.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Makes about 12 servings.