Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my dads little recipe for a chocolate milkshake! The same one that I've been eating since I was a little girl. It's the best!!! It's also very easy, versatile and there is no need for a blender.
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream (Breyers Natural Vanilla is the best)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (more or less to texture)
- In a bowl, combine cocoa powder and ice cream.
- Add some of the milk, mashing with a potato masher or a hand held electric beater (not turned on) as you go.
- You can choose to leave it thicker and more lumpy by adding less milk or mashing less (my favorite), or have a thinner shake by adding more milk and mashing more thoroughly.
- Add more cocoa powder if needed.
- I also like topping with mini chocolate chips.
Quick, easy and scrumptious. Loved that I could throw it all in the blender and just mix it up too (using lazyme's suggestion). A nice creamy milkshake! Thanks for sharing. Tagged and made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Tag.
Yummers!! I made this with French Vanilla ice cream and did it in the blender because I was lazy, lol. Quick, easy, and really tasty. Thanks A_Ganey for sharing. Made for NKOTB tag game.