Recipe by Charmie777
This is the most requested breakfast at my house for birthdays!!! I had never heard of one until I married my hubby. So simple, yet so good!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 3 -4 eggs, beaten well (per omelet)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pan heat chili, and keep warm.
- Make sure all your ingredients are ready before you begin.
- Season 3-4 beaten eggs with salt and pepper.
- Melt a small amount of butter or margarine in a small nonstick skillet.
- Add in a little onion and jalapeno and saute for a few minutes (this can be skipped if you desire).
- Add eggs all at once and swirl around pan, scraping and tilting edges to cook evenly.
- When just slightly moist on top, place about 1/2 cup warm chili along half of the eggs and top with some shredded cheese, and additional onions and jalapenos, if desired.
- Gently fold omelet over to form semicircle.
- Slide onto serving plate and top with a spoon of chili and more cheese for presentation.
- Repeat with ingredients and 3-4 eggs per omelette.