Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
If you like dove and hot peppers then you're in for a real treat. Warning...chile pequins are 7-8 times hotter than jalapeños on the Scoville scale. Consider yourself warned!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle doves inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 chile pequins in each body cavity.
- Wrap each bird with a slice of bacon, making sure the breast is covered.
- Place birds side by side in a baking dish, add the water and cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours, then uncover the dish and continue to cook until they are browned (about 20 minutes longer).
- Remove to a platter and serve immediately.