Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great twist on an old time party treat!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (16 ounce) packagegrated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans (toasted)
- mix cream cheese and dressing mix, add cheddar cheese, mix well.
- (works best if you use your hands!) Form into a ball.
- Roll in chopped nuts.
- great with crackers or veggies.
you know i tried this and i must say my dads cheese balls are much better than this. they just didn't come together like his do. i even had my father try it and he thinks his balls are much tastier
I agree with Connie. My Bro-in-law makes this ALL the time with 2 (8 oz) blocks of cream cheese and it is the BOMB!!! Instead of cheddar cheese, he uses bleu cheese and it is fantastic. Someone might want to let Skssandy that there's a typo.
Based on other recipes, I really think this recipe had a type-o, and it should have read 2 blocks of cream cheese. That is the way I made it, and it turned out well. DH can't stop eating it!