Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my Dad's recipe for his well-known Carrot Cake... It stays moist forever... well as long as it's not eaten... ;)
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml milk
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml Wesson Oil
- 4 whole eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 453.59 g packagegrated carrot
- 118.29 ml softened unsalted butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 226.79 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 226.79 g box powdered sugar
- 9.85 ml vanilla (Pure extract preferably)
- Combine all cake ingredients (except for the grated carrots) in a large mixing bowl & beat for 2 minutes.
- Then fold in the grated carrots.
- Pour into a greased & lightly floured rectangular cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat all four ingredients until creamy.
- Spread onto room temperature cooled cake (I prefer, still in baking pan)
- For an extra treat, sprinkle fresh diced pecans & enjoy.
Made this for the DS to to take to his adult music recreation group and they thoroughly enjoyed. I baked at 175C and it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to cook thoroughly in a 10x10 pan. Thank you drumlinkelpie, made for ZAAR Cookbook Tag game.