Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my Dad's recipe for his well-known Carrot Cake... It stays moist forever... well as long as it's not eaten... ;)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Wesson Oil
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 lb) packagegrated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup softened unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 0.5 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (Pure extract preferably)
- Combine all cake ingredients (except for the grated carrots) in a large mixing bowl & beat for 2 minutes.
- Then fold in the grated carrots.
- Pour into a greased & lightly floured rectangular cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat all four ingredients until creamy.
- Spread onto room temperature cooled cake (I prefer, still in baking pan)
- For an extra treat, sprinkle fresh diced pecans & enjoy.
Made this for the DS to to take to his adult music recreation group and they thoroughly enjoyed. I baked at 175C and it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to cook thoroughly in a 10x10 pan. Thank you drumlinkelpie, made for ZAAR Cookbook Tag game.