Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The Best Bread Pudding. This is a good firm bread pudding. Not a soggy goopy mess, and not too dry either. Adapted from my own Father's recipe I consider this restaurant quality bread pudding. Can be made with raisins but most people seem to like it without. Keeps for days in the refrigerator and reheats very quickly in the microwave.
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 9 slices soft white bread (crust removed)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- caramel sauce, for topping (optional)
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs.
- Add the salt, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, milk, (and raisins if using) and mix well.
- Remove the crust from the bread and gently tear into small pieces (don't squish the bread!).
- Add the pieces of bread in to the mixing bowl and fold in until well incorporated and everything is wet.
- Pour everything into a greased 8x8 glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until set.
- Let stand a few minutes and serve warm with caramel sauce or ice cream!
Great recipe, just like my grandma used to make. Wouldn't change a thing. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.