1/3 Photos of Dad's Bread Pudding
1 hr 10 mins
Jake Wheeler's Note:
The Best Bread Pudding. This is a good firm bread pudding. Not a soggy goopy mess, and not too dry either. Adapted from my own Father's recipe I consider this restaurant quality bread pudding. Can be made with raisins but most people seem to like it without. Keeps for days in the refrigerator and reheats very quickly in the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs.
- 2Add the salt, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, milk, (and raisins if using) and mix well.
- 3Remove the crust from the bread and gently tear into small pieces (don't squish the bread!).
- 4Add the pieces of bread in to the mixing bowl and fold in until well incorporated and everything is wet.
- 5Pour everything into a greased 8x8 glass baking dish.
- 6Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until set.
- 7Let stand a few minutes and serve warm with caramel sauce or ice cream!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.9
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 129.6 mg
- Sodium 324.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 7.4 g