Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of the reason's my mom married my dad- it was even in their vows! Very flexible and flavorful.
- 8 eggs (2 per person)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or 1 tablespoon Braggs Aminos
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1 dash herbs (basil, thyme, sage, rosemary, etc.)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup approx. mushroom (best when marinated in red wine)
- 1⁄3 cup approx. cheese (feta great, avoid Swiss)
- 1⁄3 cup approx. vegetables (onion, pepper, broccoli, etc.)
- Whisk eggs, avoid excess froth.
- Add milk, Soy Sauce/Bragg, and lemon juice.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil and 1 tbs butter on medium heat.
- Sauté herbs for about 1 minute.
- Pour in egg, turn heat to high until egg starts to bubble, then return to medium heat.
- After egg starts to gel, lift up edge of eggs and pour wet egg under, working around the edge.
- Periodically run butter around edge of pan.
- When all egg liquid gone, put cheese, veggies on top, cover and put on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Slide out of pan and serve folded in half.