Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
My dad has been making this for as long as I remember. He usually marinated a chuck roast or flank steak. We love it and I have used it on pork and chicken too. We like to marinate the cubed meat for kebabs and throw on some pineapple. I have also used pineapple juice in place of the water in this recipe and chopped fresh ginger is a good addition. We usually grill our meat for this recipe. I hope you enjoy! This works great on venision too!
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar (cider or rice wine vinegar work well)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup brown sugar (I use 1/2 but I like it carmelized on the outside of the meat)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- Place ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over med heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour cooled marinade over meat and let marinate in fridge at least 4 hours up to 48 hours.
- Best on the grill!