Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My dad knows how much I love this. Thanks for the recipe.
- 5 -7 lbs beef brisket
- celery salt
- garlic salt
- onion salt
- 3 ounces liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I use KC Masterpiece)
- Center brisket on a large heavy piece of foil in a roaster; sprinkle with liquid smoke.
- Sprinkle brisket with celery salt, garlic salt, onion salt, and pepper.
- Fold sides of foil over to seal; refrigerate overnight.
- 6 1/2 hour before serving, open foil and season with salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reseal and cook in a slow oven at 300 degrees for 5 hours.
- Uncover and Pour barbecue sauce over brisket.
- Cook 1 additional hour, uncovered; let sit 20 minutes before slicing.
This was the best brisket in the world! Buy a big brisket cause you're gonna want leftovers I promise. Do yourself a favor; buy reynolds foil bags and use kc masterpiece regular flavor. After the 5 hours cooking, scrape off the fat layer and discard. Then pour the sauce on. After the last hour cooking. cool for the 20 min., then cool covered for 30 more min., then slice and pour more kc masterpiece sauce over and reheat in 350 oven just to heat. Perfect. Great sweet bbq sandwiches the next day.
I made this brisket for a huge family gathering for Father's Day. I followed the recipe exactly and the result was rave reviews. I have tried many brisket cooking methods and this is the best. It is an easy recipe that has splendid results. It is now my default recipe for brisket.
Wowie!! This is worth way more than 5 stars. So easy and the men in my family said it was the best BBQ brisket they had ever had. Compliments don't get any better. Thanks for this incredible recipe.