Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My dad knows how much I love this. Thanks for the recipe.
Top Review by Scott Keith
This was the best brisket in the world! Buy a big brisket cause you're gonna want leftovers I promise. Do yourself a favor; buy reynolds foil bags and use kc masterpiece regular flavor. After the 5 hours cooking, scrape off the fat layer and discard. Then pour the sauce on. After the last hour cooking. cool for the 20 min., then cool covered for 30 more min., then slice and pour more kc masterpiece sauce over and reheat in 350 oven just to heat. Perfect. Great sweet bbq sandwiches the next day.
- 5 -7 lbs beef brisket
- celery salt
- garlic salt
- onion salt
- 3 ounces liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I use KC Masterpiece)
Directions See How It's Made
- Center brisket on a large heavy piece of foil in a roaster; sprinkle with liquid smoke.
- Sprinkle brisket with celery salt, garlic salt, onion salt, and pepper.
- Fold sides of foil over to seal; refrigerate overnight.
- 6 1/2 hour before serving, open foil and season with salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reseal and cook in a slow oven at 300 degrees for 5 hours.
- Uncover and Pour barbecue sauce over brisket.
- Cook 1 additional hour, uncovered; let sit 20 minutes before slicing.