Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This sauce was my departed FIL's. He was quite proud of his smoked pork. It was a day long process cooking the meat while this sauce simmered inside. He would shred the pork, place on a burger bun, drizzle with this sauce, plop on some coleslaw (Mayo base) put the lid on the bun, then wait for the compliments. They were never in short supply!
- 32 ounces white corn syrup
- 38 ounces barbecue sauce (any kind)
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper, heaping
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Place all ingredients in large pot and simmer at least 30 minutes.
- Pureed fruit or fruit juice may be added.
- This makes a large batch of sauce. Leftovers should be refrigerated. If I am having guests I'll send a small jar home with them if they like the sauce.
Great with chicken on the grill!
Yum! This was so easy to put together, I made half the batch and used a small amount of cayenne pepper because Little Miss (DD) can't eat spicy foods. We used it to dip our chips into the sauce. I have jarred the left overs. Thank you racrgal