Recipe by Bec
This is a really yummy banana bread that the whole family loves. It is the best when warm, and microwaving it works fine to make it warm later on. This was my dad's recipe and it is the best!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup banana, mashed (2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup lowfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour (not self-rising)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom only of 9 by 5 or 8 by 4 inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, blend the first 6 ingredients; beat for 1 minute at medium speed.
- Stir in remaining ingredient just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- At 350 degrees, bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cut into slices and enjoy! They are great with butter on top!