Recipe by CoreyAnn
My Dad made this meatloaf at least once a month and it was always my favorite dish. Even my meatloaf hating husband loves it! Sure to be a hit with both the meatloaf lovers and haters alike!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
This recipe was made on 10/8/09 as part of mine and my SO's dinner.Here's the way this meatloaf was made, the full amount of hamburger was used along with both eggs.For the salt and pepper, a few good shakes were used. After adding the onion, a couple of good shakes of garlic powder was also added. Then I poured in about 1 cup of tomato juice, added the breadcrumbs and mixed well. I did have to add some more breadcrumbs, so another 1/3 to 1/2 cup was added. Instead of using a loaf pan, I just free- formed it in a baking dish. To make sure I had enough glaze, the ingredients were doubled and spread all over the loaf after baking for one hour. My SO doesn't really care for meatloaf, but he gave this one a 4 star rating. I too, enjoyed this recipe very much. Thanks for posting and , " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 2⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 eggs (beat)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix hamburger, bread and juice together until well blended.
- Add eggs, pepper, salt and onion and mix together until well blended.
- Cook in loaf pan for 1 hour at 350°.
- Mix together brown sugar, ketchup and dry mustard.
- Place on top of meatloaf after 1 hour and cook for another 30 minutes.