The church my parents go to have a cook off recently where all of the entries had to use apple butter as an ingredient. A bit like a PA Dutch themed RSC :) Anyway, my dad came up with the winning recipe and this is it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons philadelphia cheesecake filling
- 3 pieces walnuts in syrup, dad suggests Smucker's brand (optional)
- 1Mix ingredients for the crepes together, adding then in the order given until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- 2Heat a lightly greased skillet over medium heat until water sizzles on contact.
- 3Pour 1/8 teaspoon of batter into skillet, swirl for evenness and cook for 30 to 45 seconds.
- 4Remove from the skillet onto a clean dry towel while making the rest of the crepes.
- 5Spread filling on each crepe in the order given in the filling ingredients list.
- 6Roll up crepes and cut into 1 inch or so bite size pieces.
- 7Insert toothpicks (but don't count on them for support) and serve as a plated dessert snack.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Award Winning Apple Butter Crepe Bites
Serving Size: 1 (637 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 40.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: