1/3 Photos of Dad's Apple Crisp
1 hr 15 mins
Chandra M's Note:
My dad has been making this for me ever since I was a little kid. This recipe is nice because there is not a lot leftover to tempt you for breakfast :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tart apples, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unbleached cane sugar (white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine the flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, butter, and oatmeal.
- 3Refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes.
- 4Toss the cubed apples in the lemon juice, then in a combination of 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 5Place the apples in a square or round 9" baking dish.
- 6Crumble the topping mixture over the apples and bake for 45-60 minutes or until the apple juices are bubbling over the topping.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dad's Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.7
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 148.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 42.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g