Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 21 mins
My Dad loves to make fruitcake, one day he accidently used a tin of fruit salad instead of pineapple and the result was fantastic!! Its the only way we make fruitcake from that day onwards.
- 450 g mixed fruit
- 1 (440 g) can fruit salad
- 115 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- Boil mixed fruit, fruit salad, sugar, butter and spice for 5 minutes.
- Take off the boil and add the bi carb soda, mix well and leave to cool.
- Add egg, flours and salt, mix and place in cake tin and into the oven at 140c for 1 1/2hrs.
There is no quantity for the butter you mention in the directions.... I'd like to try this recipe. Could you clarify please?