Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
-- from Ingrid Hoffman "Simply Delicioso: A collection of everyday Recipes with a Latin Twist"
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, until it is fragrant, one to two minutes
- Stir in the shrimp, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, oregano, and some salt and pepper and let the mixture simmer until the shrimp are partially cooked through and beginning to curl, about 2 minutes
- Stir in ketchup and simmer until the shrimp are opaque and just cooked through, two more minutes
- Add the brandy and parsley. Stir to combine, remove from heat and serve.
A really good and simple recipe! Family and diet friendly, as it is under 300 calories! Paired with a green veggie or salad and whole grain bread and you have a complete and satisfying dinner!
Excellent! Easy to prepare but has a very exotic taste. Served over pasta. This is a winner!