Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are very tasty yet good for you pancakes. If you like fluffy pancakes, you'll like these! I like the cinnamon flavor as well.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Combine all dry ingredients - set aside.
- Turn on pan, use 375 degrees if using a griddle. Pan is ready when drops of water dance on the griddle.
- Using a mixer, mix egg whites until stiff, set aside.
- Mix together: milk, egg yolks, oil and vanilla.
- Combine milk mixture and dry mixture, mix til almost smooth, some small lumps are ok.
- Now fold in egg whites to mixture. You may have some "white" still showing, do not mix til smooth as you want the "air in the whites".
- Now pour on hot griddle and cook til some bubbles appear and is brown on bottom (you can peek, but don't flip til ready).
- *Try to only flip once, as they will stay fluffier that way.
- Serve with low cal syrup or real Maple for those who still need it!
These were really good - a flavorful and healthy change of pace from those lead frisbees I usually make. I thought perhaps my son would be more interested in them, but what do you expect from a picky 5-year old? Will definitely make again. Thanks for the posting.