Recipe by Sherrybeth
My daddy was off work for back surgery a few years ago and went on a quest to bake the perfect biscuit. Once he mastered that, he moved on to pies. This is his "famous" sweet potato pie that his family, friends and co-workers all demand he make for them.
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (you can use fresh ones that have been baked and scooped out of their skin or you can use canned ones)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (not concentrated)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten well
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 unbaked 9-inch pie shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes, butter, salt, orange juice, sugar, eggs, milk, cinnamon and nutmet and mix well.
- Pour 1/2 of this mixture into each unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the pie is firm in the middle (this depends on your oven because mine and daddy's have a huge time difference in the cooking time---mine takes about 45 minutes).