Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
As a single parent, Daddy had lots of cooking to do, and he usually kept it simple. This was one of my favorites, especially in winter!
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 garlic cloves, minced (to taste) or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (to taste)
- saltine crackers
- Cube potatoes, chop onions, and add to boiling water.
- Mix in tomato sauce, tomato paste, bullion, and stew meat.
- Add celery, garlic, salt, seasoning salt, & pepper to taste. (Add 1/2 t cream of tartar if it needs thickening).
- Reduce hear & simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Serve with saltines.