Recipe by Jenn_Chelle
My dad made this one day, and it's definitely a winner! Everyone who has tried this marinade loves it! My husband and I won't eat steak any other way. The amount of ingredients listed is just a very rough estimate. I usually don't measure, just pour!
Top Review by John D.
After a lot of mishaps with tri-tip, I obtained a Jaccard (mechanical meat tenderizer) and marinated it in this recipe. This is the best marinade I've ever tasted. The meat was cut-it-with-a-fork tender, and the subtle smokiness was perfect. Juicy and flavorful. I seared both sides, then baked it at 350F until the internal temp was 140. Awesome recipe!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- liquid smoke (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on one side of each steak and then pour 1/2 tsp olive oil on each steak.
- Knead spices and oil into the steaks.
- Repeat on opposite sides.
- Put steaks in a bowl (I usually use a glass flat baking dish for best results).
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes! The longer, the better!