Recipe by Dawn
This popcorn is easy and delicious. It is a hit with children and the "inner child" within us all. During the holidays, my husband adds food coloring for a festive bowl of popcorn.
Top Review by mwixiwm
I love this recipe-the only thing i tweaked was that I used peanut oil and a little ghee. I had no problems with the sugar burning. I used a Whirley Pop pan and added the sugar just after the first few kernels had popped. There was almost too much popcorn for the size of the pan, so I might use slightly less next time. Other than that, it turned out perfect! Thank you for sharing this recipe..
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Oil over medium heat in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid.
- Add Popcorn and continue to heat until first kernel pops.
- quickly stir in sugar until it is dissolved.
- Cover and continue to shake skillet, popcorn may burn, be careful.
- After the popcorn is popped, pour in a bowl and lightly salt.