Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This popcorn is easy and delicious. It is a hit with children and the "inner child" within us all. During the holidays, my husband adds food coloring for a festive bowl of popcorn.
- Heat Oil over medium heat in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid.
- Add Popcorn and continue to heat until first kernel pops.
- quickly stir in sugar until it is dissolved.
- Cover and continue to shake skillet, popcorn may burn, be careful.
- After the popcorn is popped, pour in a bowl and lightly salt.
I love this recipe-the only thing i tweaked was that I used peanut oil and a little ghee. I had no problems with the sugar burning. I used a Whirley Pop pan and added the sugar just after the first few kernels had popped. There was almost too much popcorn for the size of the pan, so I might use slightly less next time. Other than that, it turned out perfect! Thank you for sharing this recipe..
Excellent kettle corn! Super easy to make - one tip: be sure to watch the corn carefully once the sugar is added because it will scorch easily! Remove from pan immediately. Thanks for posting!
OMG I feel like I just got away with something!! I usually pay over $4 for a small bag of kettle corn at little specialty shops and you never even know if it's fresh. This is awesome! I was afraid of burning it but didn't have a problem at all. The only suggestion I would make is just be sure you don't use to much salt or you'll ruin it. Doesn't take much at all...........Thanks so much for this great recipe Dawn~~~