Recipe by L. Duch
This is a family recipe that my dad came up with years ago. Whenever I make this for parties, I alway get a lot of compliments. I thought you all might like it as well. To adjust the "heat" just seed part of the jalapeños.
- 6 -8 ripe tomatoes
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 lb jalapeno
- 2 large carrots
- 2 bell peppers (red, orange or yellow)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast peppers until skins are black, then scrape charred peels off.
- Roast onions until browned and tender.
- Roast tomatoes until skins split.
- Put the vegetables along with remaining ingredients into food processor and puree to relish consistency (the mixture will be somewhat thin).
- Pour into sauce pan and simmer for4-5 hours or until cooked down and all vegetables are cooked.
- For a milder version, just seed the jalapeños before puréeing.
- This will stay good in fridge for several weeks.