Recipe by cathsezines
This is a "spaghetti" dish I grew up eating. I've never seen it in any cookbook, but everyone I've served it to loves it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (94/6)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (drained if preferred)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped (about 1/2 of an onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta as directed for 4-6 servings.
- Brown hamburger.
- Add onions, garlic and green pepper. Cook until onions are almost translucent.
- Add tomato sauce and beans.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes. Serve over pasta with garlic bread. Garnish with parmesan cheese if desired.