Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a family favorite around our house. So simple and so yummy. I use the Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe (#6536) from riffraff to frost it with. Yummy!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar and oil.
- With mixer running on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture.
- Blend in vanilla, carrot, raisins (if adding) and pecans.
- Pour batter into a well greased 8 x 12 inch pan.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- When cake is cool, spread with cream cheese icing. When cake is frosted, sprinkle a small handful of pecans on top of cake.
- Note: Chopped peanuts or walnuts may be substituted for pecans.
- Note: I double this recipe and use a 13x9 pan.
- Note: Prep time does not include shredding the carrots.
The title is perfect!!...I made this for my dad yesterday nd he loved said it was the best he ever had nd my dad will tell me if he doesn't like what I make!!hahaha thnx bunchs!!!!
I made this in a 10" x 10" cake tin and baked at 150C fan forced oven for 35 minutes - would line base of tin with baking paper in future for though I greased it well it was looking like it was not going to come out of the tin. I didn't frost but decorated with extra whole pecans. The DS took it to his adult recreation music day and they thoroughly enjoyed it with great relish. Thank you DaddysBabyDoll, made for New Kids On The Block.