1/1 Photo of Daddy's Favorite Carrot Cake
This is a family favorite around our house. So simple and so yummy. I use the Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe (#6536) from riffraff to frost it with. Yummy!
My Private Note
8x12 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar and oil.
- 2With mixer running on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture.
- 3Blend in vanilla, carrot, raisins (if adding) and pecans.
- 4Pour batter into a well greased 8 x 12 inch pan.
- 5Bake in 325°F oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 6When cake is cool, spread with cream cheese icing. When cake is frosted, sprinkle a small handful of pecans on top of cake.
- 7Note: Chopped peanuts or walnuts may be substituted for pecans.
- 8Note: I double this recipe and use a 13x9 pan.
- 9Note: Prep time does not include shredding the carrots.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Daddy's Favorite Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (999 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3296.2
- Calories from Fat 1928
- Total Fat 214.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 1964.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 323.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 211.6 g
- Protein 32.0 g