Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
My dad makes this for me once in awhile. It's the best french toast i've ever had.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 -5 pieces white bread
- butter or margarine
- powdered sugar
- whipped cream
- In a bowl, put two eggs, 2 tablespoons milk, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Whisk until incorporated.
- Heat medium sized pan on Medium temperature.
- Take a piece of bread and dip into egg mixture. Coating each side liberally with mixture.
- Put in pan and cook on each side until golden brown or until egg mixture is no longer runny.
- Place on plate and generously coat with butter or margarine (we use margarine, approx 1/2 tablespoon).
- Sprinkle each piece of toast with a good dusting of powdered sugar.
- Add your desired amount of syrup.
- Repeat with other pieces.
- After you have finished with the toast and have made your toast tower, dollop (or spray as we use Reddi Whip) plenty of whipped cream on top.
- This makes approximately 4-5 pieces. 3 pieces is generally a serving for us.
Loved this even though I skipped some of the extras; whipped cream, powdered sugar, and butter/margarine. This is good even made with whole wheat bread.