Recipe by lynda clark
For a down home Alabama flavor, try this recipe! It will remind you of Grandma's old time cooking. It's sure to please!!!!
Top Review by Dana-MMH
Lynda, if I could give you a 10 star I would! This was not only easy to make but the best cabbage I have ever made. DH and I were licking our lips while eating :-) Good southern dish that I will be making alot from now on. Thanks for a delicious recipe. BTW, I followed the recipe exactly as you have it.
- 1 head cabbage
- 4 -6 tablespoons bacon grease or 4 -6 tablespoons margarine or 4 -6 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's chicken soup (with or without noodles)
- 2 -4 tablespoons cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: It may seem like a lot of seasoning for Cajun seasoning but it's not a salty or spicy seasoning. It is a blend of many types of seasoning. It tastes good by itself with any type of meat!
- Slice cabbage into desired size pieces.
- Fry cabbage in bacon grease until softened.
- Add chicken soup and Cajun seasoning.
- Cook until of desired consistency.
- Note: Really good when served with sticky rice.