Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
There's no reason for your bread machine to be limited to just bread! Dust it off and break it out to make this delicious, moist meatloaf. You'll need to use the quick bread or cake cycle. Directions for cooking this in the oven are included as well.
- 1 lb ground beef (I use turkey) or 1 lb ground turkey (I use turkey)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 slices of soft bread, torn into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Break up the meat.
- Place all ingredients into bread machine and start on quick bread/cake cycle.
- When machine is done mixing, pause the machine, remove the paddle, and smooth the loaf down if you like.
- Mix the topping ingredients (3/4 cup ketchup with 3 Tablespoons brown sugar) together.
- Pour topping over the top of the meatloaf.
- When done baking, use a spatula and/or fork to remove the loaf from the pan.
- This can be made in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
Well I wasn't sure whether I should do 3 or 4 stars, but my son said "this meatloaf is amazing" so I went with the four (he is a picky eater). I was excited about using my bread machine but then found that it didn't mix the ingredients all that well (got a glop of onions in one piece). It was also very liquidy when I took it out of the machine, so I had to drain it well before serving. We used bbq sauce or honey mustard instead of ketchup. I also used egg beaters instead of regular eggs. It was tasty just kind of weird. I'll probably stick with my non-bread machine turkey meatloaf recipe. But it was fun to try this one!