Recipe by CookbookCarrie
My dad's recipe. Easy, cheap, Delicious and very versatile. Add or take out what you want! Could also be made in the crock pot.
Top Review by Pepper Monkey
This was so easy to throw together. My boyfriend and I really enjoyed this last night served with some corn muffins and topped with some shredded cheddar cheese. I also added some mushrooms to the chili. It turned out great. Thanks.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (or 1 pint home canned)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large dutch oven, brown Hamburger& onion until no longer pink.
- Drain and rinse.
- Add back to dutch oven and dump in everything else but the spices.
- Heat up your chili and taste.
- Add salt, pepper, and chili powder until you're happy with it.
- Serve with shredded cheese, oyster crackers& sour cream!