Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My dad's recipe. Easy, cheap, Delicious and very versatile. Add or take out what you want! Could also be made in the crock pot.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (or 1 pint home canned)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- chili powder
- In a large dutch oven, brown Hamburger& onion until no longer pink.
- Drain and rinse.
- Add back to dutch oven and dump in everything else but the spices.
- Heat up your chili and taste.
- Add salt, pepper, and chili powder until you're happy with it.
- Serve with shredded cheese, oyster crackers& sour cream!
This was so easy to throw together. My boyfriend and I really enjoyed this last night served with some corn muffins and topped with some shredded cheddar cheese. I also added some mushrooms to the chili. It turned out great. Thanks.