Recipe by kittycatmom
When I was growing up one of my Dad's favorite desserts was blackberry cobbler. The only place we would find a good cobbler was at my Aunts house in Oklahoma! The first time I made this for my Dad he actually had tears in his eyes he enjoyed it so much! I'm not completely sure where I found this... but this is what our family refers to this recipe by....
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 6 cups blackberries, fresh, rinsed and drained (I've never used frozen)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut in chunks
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, tapioca, blackberries, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Mix gently to coat. Pour into a shallow 3- to 4-quart baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. With your fingers or a pastry blender, rub or cut butter into flour mixture until coarse crumbs form. Add cream and stir just until mixture forms a soft, crumbly dough.
- Pat 1/4-cup portions of dough into flat disks 1/2 inch thick and arrange evenly over fruit.
- Bake in a 350º oven until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbling, 45 to 55 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.