Recipe by anamlupus
My wife and daughter have been yelling at me to write down my delectable creations. This BBQ sauce turned out so well it is worth putting up for sale. :) I cannot bring my self to do that.... :) When I went to post it on face book my daughter had it titled "Daddy's BBQ Sauce". So I went with it. :) TBO = Taste Bud Orgasm :)
- 2 quarts Heinz ketchup, and
- 1 cup Heinz ketchup
- 3 (6 ounce) cansheinz tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno juice
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄3 cup garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 4 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup folgers coffee
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons granulated onion
Directions See How It's Made
- METHOD combine ingredients.
- cook on low heat (in a nonstick pan), COVERED, for a couple of hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- This part of the recipe has a lot of flavor and just a little bit of heat. It is fine for those of you that cannot handle the heat.
- Add more Crushed Red Pepper for more heat.
- For more of a honey flavor add 1/2 CP honey.
- You can add these ingredients after the sauce has been cooked. I would cook up the sauce as is then adjust for heat and or honey flavor.
- On a side note If you want this to be truly vegetarian, replace the chicken base with Worcestershire sauce. Use an 1/8 of a cup total.
- chill, use as needed. :).