Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My wife and daughter have been yelling at me to write down my delectable creations. This BBQ sauce turned out so well it is worth putting up for sale. :) I cannot bring my self to do that.... :) When I went to post it on face book my daughter had it titled "Daddy's BBQ Sauce". So I went with it. :) TBO = Taste Bud Orgasm :)
- 2 quarts Heinz ketchup, and
- 1 cup Heinz ketchup
- 3 (6 ounce) cansheinz tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno juice
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄3 cup garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 4 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup folgers coffee
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons granulated onion
- METHOD combine ingredients.
- cook on low heat (in a nonstick pan), COVERED, for a couple of hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- This part of the recipe has a lot of flavor and just a little bit of heat. It is fine for those of you that cannot handle the heat.
- Add more Crushed Red Pepper for more heat.
- For more of a honey flavor add 1/2 CP honey.
- You can add these ingredients after the sauce has been cooked. I would cook up the sauce as is then adjust for heat and or honey flavor.
- On a side note If you want this to be truly vegetarian, replace the chicken base with Worcestershire sauce. Use an 1/8 of a cup total.
- chill, use as needed. :).