Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my Grandpa's recipe that has been handed down the family. It is always a hit at potlucks and everyone raves on how good it tastes. Also freezes well. I make a huge batch and freeze it so I always have some on hand
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 lb salt pork
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans or 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- Cut up bacon into small pieces and cook until crispy.
- Boil salt pork for 10 minutes and rinse with water
- Cut salt pork into small pieces and cook with bacon.
- Combine all ingredients in oven safe dish.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour covered stirring occasionally
- Bake an additional 1 1/2 hours with the cover off still stirring occasionally.