Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A lower fat recipe to help with those WW points!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- Pre-heat griddle (350 degrees) or pan on medium heat.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Beat egg yolks with vanilla and mix with milk and margarine.
- Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Combine dry ingredients with milk mixture.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- After spooning batter into fry pan/griddle, add spoonfulls of the remaining chips.
- Flip when tops begin to bubble.(Flip only once to keep fluffy).
- Enjoy with your favorite syrup.
Sinfully rich and delicious pancakes! I didn't use any syrup on mine because they were sweet enough without it and just spread the top lightly with Smart Balance Light. Yum!