Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My father used to make this when I was growing up, hence the name. What's funny is that he has no recollection of doing it! It's really simple and tasty, perfect for an easy dinner.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, cook meat, onions and peppers, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat when meat is brown and onion and peppers are tender.
- Drain off fat and set aside.
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Combine meat, onion, peppers and rice in casserole dish.
- Bake for about 5 to 10 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
This was fabulously easy and so good! I added a little mozzarella to the top and jalepenos! Topped it off with sour cream! It was so wonderful! There is so much you can do with this dish! Thank you for sharing!!!! <br/>T
Very easy to make and adjust to what you have in the crisper. I added diced cooked sweet potato and covered with cheese before baking. A hit with hubby and the kids.