Recipe by Virgaux78
My father used to make this when I was growing up, hence the name. What's funny is that he has no recollection of doing it! It's really simple and tasty, perfect for an easy dinner.
Top Review by 914870
This was fabulously easy and so good! I added a little mozzarella to the top and jalepenos! Topped it off with sour cream! It was so wonderful! There is so much you can do with this dish! Thank you for sharing!!!! <br/>T
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, cook meat, onions and peppers, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat when meat is brown and onion and peppers are tender.
- Drain off fat and set aside.
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Combine meat, onion, peppers and rice in casserole dish.
- Bake for about 5 to 10 minutes or until top is lightly browned.