Prep 7 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Found on the net. Dabo is a special bread from Ethiopia.
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 cups water, lukewarm
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 4 cups flour
- In mixing bowl, dissolve dry yeast and baking powder in the water. Mix in egg yolks, salt, sugar and oil.
- Add the flour and prepare a smooth dough by kneading for 5 minutes.
- Let dough rise in a covered bowl at room temperature for about 6 hours. Punch down.
- In lightly oiled large round skillet, place the dough.
- Cover pan and let dough rise for 1 hour.
- Cook it still covered, over gas or electricity on the top of the stove at low heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Turn the loaf over and bake on the other side 5 mins more.
- Serve at room temperature.