A quick and healthy snack made from Black or yellow lentils,favorites of many all over India.
Make and share this Daal Pakoda (Fried Lentil Balls) recipe from Food.com.
- Soak lentils for 2 hours in enough water and then grind to a paste.
- Mix in lentils,chopped cilantro ,onions,salt,green chillies,and chaat masala.
- Chaat Masala is a salty and sour mixed spices. This is optional.
- Dissolve chick pea flour in about 1/2 water making a thick paste.
- Mix the chick pea flour in the bowl along with the other ingredients.
- This batter should not be too think but thick enough to roll out small balls.
- If its too thin you can add more chick pea flour.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan and shallow fry or deep fry them until golden brown.
- Serve hot with any ketchup or Indian chutny.