1/1 Photo of Daal Pakoda (Fried Lentil Balls)
A quick and healthy snack made from Black or yellow lentils,favorites of many all over India.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak lentils for 2 hours in enough water and then grind to a paste.
- 2Mix in lentils,chopped cilantro ,onions,salt,green chillies,and chaat masala.
- 3Chaat Masala is a salty and sour mixed spices. This is optional.
- 4Dissolve chick pea flour in about 1/2 water making a thick paste.
- 5Mix the chick pea flour in the bowl along with the other ingredients.
- 6This batter should not be too think but thick enough to roll out small balls.
- 7If its too thin you can add more chick pea flour.
- 8Heat cooking oil in a pan and shallow fry or deep fry them until golden brown.
- 9Serve hot with any ketchup or Indian chutny.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Daal Pakoda (Fried Lentil Balls)
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 20.8 g