Recipe by Mabe227
A favorite dish at Da Silvano's in NYC. Found the quick and simple recipe in a magazine and had to share ... Mangia!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 2 cups plum tomatoes (peeled and chopped or one 28-oz. can)
- sea salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta noodles or 1 lb spaghetti, cooked according to directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the Olive Oil in a pot and add 2 cloves of Garlic. Once Garlic browns, remove it.
- Remove pot from heat. Toss in Basil and remaining Garlic. Add Tomatoes and return to heat.
- Season with Salt and Pepper. Stir. Cook over a low flame for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the cooked, drained Pasta into tomato sauce (Pomodoro!) and toss.